CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Sandy!

Sandy, top left 1974

On this day many years ago my oldest sister was born not too far from where I currently live. Sandra Lynne Schempp was born in Provo, Utah. She was born on........well, I am not going to give this to you. You are going to have to figure this out if you really want to know. First I want to wish her a Happy Birthday!


I usually make it too easy in giving away the ages of my siblings or parents on their birthdays. I usually indicate how many successful solar passes they have made. WAY TOO EASY! Well, not this time. I will say she was born many years before Neil Alden Armstrong first set foot on the moon. I will also let you know that she was born before the assassination of President John Fitzgerald "Jack" Kennedy! I will make you work for the rest. My sister Sandy has been on the Earth long enough that the fifth largest satellite in our solar system has made 615.018315015 revolutions around her. I will not give you any further information. Well, I will let you know that the satellite that I have referred to is a natural satellite with a mean radius of 1,737.10 km or 1,079.383 898 miles. GOOD LUCK!


Sandy is the oldest of six Schempp children. She is the only one of the Schempp children born in Utah, but now all but one of the Schempp children currently reside in Utah. Sandy was always a quiet person, but she made up for this with her athletic ability. She is a very, very good softball player. I know this personally, YES! PERSONALLY! When I was five years old all of the Schempp kids, minus Kelly, were playing ball out in the backyard of our home in Omaha, Nebraska while our parents were out. (At a church function, if I remember correctly) Well, it was Sandy's turn at bat. Did I mention that Sandy was a very good softball player? And I think I failed to mention that playing softball requires swinging a bat. (SWING BATTER!) Anyway, as Sandy was batting a certain five year old, named Karl, decided to move into close proximity to his sisters batting area. You guessed it! POW! This is why I told you that I knew from personal experience that Sandy was a good softball player and could swing the bat very well. Let's just say she is so good that this required a few stitches on the top of my head to repair. OUCH!


I was still in elementary school when my sister Sandy was married. I don't have as many memories of her as I do some of my other siblings. I can remember her always studying and reading the scriptures in her room. I can remember her always attending church and all of her church activities growing up. This was a great example to all of the younger siblings in our home. I am very grateful to have her as a sister. She is currently studying to be a nurse and I know personally how hard it is to go to school and raise a family at the same time. I know that she will be wonderful nurse and help many people with her skills. I love you very much Sandy and hope that you have a Happy Birthday!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


I LOVE YOU!


YOUR MIDDLE LITTLE BROTHER!

1 comments:

glen said...

I have the answer. She was born on HER birthday!